Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Damn Regret

Regret. A terrible, gnawing emotion lodged deep in your heart. It tends to block up your other daily functions and render you useless, you become a sort of zombie moaning about the same things that you will never be able to change. YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO CHANGE! It's not going to change and you can't fix it so FORGET ABOUT IT! Moaning and complaining will not help you. I should know, I am the queen of regret. 


Being very shy in high school, I have had my fair share of regret. I can't tell you how many times I just wanted to rewind the clock and start the whole day over. So many opportunities slipped through my fingers... 


Why am I babbling on about lost chances? I am experiencing the regret. I like a boy. He's not that cute or whatever, but he may be one of THE most interesting people I've ever met. Whenever I talk to him, I feel like he is speaking my language. 


But we haven't talked lately. I lack the bravery to go up to him and say hi. Just thinking about it makes me squirm a little bit. I just don't want to mess it up, yet I clearly am with this "avoidance." 


Regretfulness sucks and I'd like to stay away from it. When I don't, I end up glum, in my room replaying the same Cage the Elephant song. It is my regret song. I'd like to listen to my triumph song. (It's probably "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, it's so damn catchy! and seriously awesome) 


One day, soon, I'll snag a corner of happiness for myself and beat down those little regret birds.


Just have to be brave...



No comments:

Post a Comment